Thursday 27 September 2012

Body Shop's Born Lippy Balm: A Love Hate Relationship

Last year, as a farewell present, one of my friends got me a Born Lippy Lip Balm in the flavour strawberry.. At first, I didn't like it... The sickly strawberry scent and sticky texture were not my favourite things that added to the balm..

After applying it, I found that it gave my lips a scent of strawberry liquorice, which irritated me throughout the day.... The actual balm only moisturised my lips for about 2 or so hours before drying up  and making my lips even more chapped than they were in the first place....

It was only after my Baby Lips Balm ran out that I started using it again.... After remembering what it had previously done to my lips, I was cautious about using it. Vasaline was applied underneath it and in weeks I was amazed at the moisture that my lips contained....

I only have the strawberry one but I know that they come in other fruity flavours such as raspberry... The balms come in 10mL tubs which is enough to last you a long time, as you don't need to apply too much... After returning to it, because my lips were probably going to go chapped again, I have noticed that it adds a lovely pink tinge to my lips without making it look like I'm wearing a lip gloss or butter...

The only thing I still don't like about it is the application... Because it is in a small tub, you have to use one of your fingers to scoop it out... I have no problem with this when the balm doesn't smell like sickly strawberry liquorice... The balm leaves a sticky, flavoured residue on my finger that smells so weird that I have to wash it off or mask it with another balm or perfume..

Overall, my relationship with the Body Shop's Born Lippy Lip Balm in Strawberry is purely, Love Hate...

1 comment:

  1. I bought this product in watermelon flavour and I had no real problems with it.... Must just be the strawberry one..

    ReplyDelete