Friday 19 October 2012

A Word of Advice: ALWAYS Use a Good Base Coat

 Hey everyone.....

Recently, about a week ago, I painted my nails a gorgeous red colour- specifically 10320 Cerise by Mode Cosmetics. Now I absolutely LOVE this colour because although you can't see it in picture, the polish has a shimmer to it which makes it very pretty in the light.

Now when I usually paint my nails, I use a base coat by Natio. This time I realised it had run out and used a thick and gloopy base coat that was my back up.... BIG MISTAKE!

This not only was a terrible consistency, but it made my nails take forever to dry. I only used it because I was using a deep red polish and didn't want it to stain my nails.

After about 5 days, I decided to take the polish off as it had started to chip... I was horrified. As you can see in the picture to the right, my nails turned a horrible redddish orangy colour. The photo in fact doesn't even capture the colour of my nails at this moment in time... If any of you happen to have a solution for this, I am welcome to ANYTHING!

Overall, the message behind this story is to always use a good quality base coat that you know protects from staining or your nails might just end up like mine!

Adios,
Serena!

No comments:

Post a Comment