Tuesday 23 October 2012

DIY: Halloween Face Paint

Hey there random people that I don't even know,

:)
So after I got back from my day out, I realised that I had to go to a Halloween party, the theme being horror. I had no face paint and I was planning to go as the Emily from the Corpse Bride.... As some of you may know, Emily has bluish skin and it my last post you may have noticed that my skin is relatively dark...

I was in a dilemma because I really didn't want to pay more money on face paint that I would use once. I looked it up on Youtube and TheBargainHound said to combine eyeshadow and Petroleum Jelly (Vasaline).... I tried this and it did make a colour but it wasn't opaque enough for me..... :(

LIGHTBULB!!!!

I then went and used a moisturiser instead of Vasaline and it worked AMAZING!! Not only did it turn my skin bright blue, but it stayed on for a very long time....

YOU WILL NEED:
Old eyeshadow
A cheap moisturiser
A mixing tool and plate

METHOD
Scrape out the contents of you eyeshadow thingo and crush up the eyeshadow until it is a powder. Combine with it a bit of your moisturiser. You want to use a cheap moisturiser as its not worh using your $100 moisturiser by Elizabeth Arden... If it is too runny or gloopy just add eyeshadow or more moisturiser.

I hope that you try this and it works for you as well as it did for me. Sorry for the randomness, I had a really good day shopping with my friends.

Adios,
Serena!

No comments:

Post a Comment